At the Values Institute, we are devoted to researching human values and offering the world’s best insights for free. We value simplicity, warmth, and accuracy in our published articles. Some of our best articles are listed below for you to explore. If you would rather view the articles in order of publication, view our values blog page.
Values: Theory and Concepts
We are fascinated by the science and practice of core values. Discover insights from our global network of academic contributors here.
- A History of research into core values
- What are core values, and why are they important?
- Where do our core values come from?
- Ethics, morals, principles, values, virtues, and beliefs. What is the difference?
- What is the difference between values, purpose, mission and vision?
- How values shape identity
- Values in the time of COVID-19
- Conservative vs progressive values: What is the difference?
- What are the values of Artificial Intelligence?
Everyone has values. The key is to clearly define your values and understand how they can change based on situation and life stage.
- A comprehensive list of human core values
- What are the benefits of identifying core values?
- 10 ways to remember and align with your values every day
- How typical core values change based on age
- Stay calm: how values change when you are stressed
- A guide to destructive core values
Author Johann Hari said, “Just like junk food has made us physically sick, junk values have made us mentally sick.” It is critical for positive, meaningful values to be instilled from childhood.
- A guide to family core values
- How does the media affect the values of children and adults?
- Morals communicated in fairy tales: how accurately are they depicted?
Values in the Workplace
Companies recognize the importance of values-based behavior as a way to drive productivity and performance in a changing world.
- A guide to professional values
- How to align a team to a common set of values
- How to communicate values at work
- Values alignment supports high-performing teams: here’s how
- Shared values at the workplace: cultivating the right values in your team
- Leadership styles and values based on Myers-Briggs personality type
- How to run a workplace values workshop
- The top 10 values training tools and programs
- A guide to ESG values and how to implement them in your organization
- The best values matrix for management
- At the intersection of values and profit: ethical marketing
Values in Action
Once you have defined your values, it is critical to shift towards practices and habits that ensure values drive decision-making and positive action.
- How to align with your values
- Obstacles to values alignment
- A guide to values-based decision-making
- Examples of core values in action
Articles dedicated to stories of those who have compelling stories of values and values-based behaviors.